A new book being published in Louisville, Kentucky, by the Avocado Press and the Center for Accessible Living contains the stories of thirty families, where one or both parents have disabilities. In enabling these parents to tell their stories, “A Celebration of Family: Stories of Parents with Disabilities” illustrates the infinite variety of the American family.
The Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL) is now available to help people with disabilities
- Find vaccination locations in their communities
- With making vaccination appointments
- Connect to local services, such as accessible transportation, to overcome barriers to vaccination
- Talk about questions and concerns related to the vaccine
- Connect to information and services that promote independent living and address fundamental needs (food, housing and transportation)
888-677-1199 from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET