Charting the LifeCourse™ tools are designed to support families, with all their complexity and diversity, in ways to maximize their capacity, strengths and unique abilities so they can best support, nurture, and facilitate the achievement of self-determination, interdependence, productivity, integration and inclusion in all facets of community life for their family members.
Right now, many, if not all of us are facing challenges, specifically related to COVID-19. These tools can be used now, in the midst of this challenge, but can also be used in regular, everyday challenges that we face in our lives.
We hope that the resources below are informative, helpful and encouraging to you and your family.
Charting the LifeCourse™ is developed by the Charting the LifeCourse Nexus – LifeCourseTools.com housed at the University of Missouri–Kansas City Institute for Human Development, Missouri’s University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Services (UCEDD).
- What is a 2 Minute Triumph? Celia Schloemer, Family Support Coordinator at the UCCEDD explains the idea behind these videos and how families are using the CtLC in their lives right now.
- Celia’s 2-Minute Triumph
- Sara’s 2-Minute Triumph
- Raja’s 2-Minute Triumph
- Hadia’s 2-Minute Triumph
- Blank star that you can fill in on your own
- Social distancing
- Using the star to support my child’s learning at home
- Working with my support staff during COVID-19
- Self care when you are caring for everyone else
- Social distancing #2
- Developing a new routine
- Maintaining relationships
- Blank trajectory that you can fill in on your own
- Sample trajectory during COVID-19
- Celia’s trajectory
- Marion’s trajectory
CtLC INTEGRATED LONG TERM SUPPORT NEEDS SCHEDULE
- Blank schedule that you can fill in on your own
- Sara shares her schedules, before COVID-19 shutdown and after
- Hadia shares her schedules, before COVID-19 shutdown and after
- Amy shares her schedules, before COVID-19 shutdown and after
- Erica shares her schedules, before COVID-19 shutdown and after
- Charting the LifeCourse™
- CtLC, a 1-hour overview on Charting the LifeCourse Through Uncharted Waters with Dr. Sheli Reynolds, includes some specific COVID-19 examples
- Family Resource Network of Ohio (FRNO) – Uses CtLC framework to help individuals and families of individuals with developmental disabilities support each other in the pursuit of the good life.